Church meeting is the decision making body of a United Reformed Church, in which every member has an opportunity to make suggestions, ask questions and to contribute to the work and witness of the church. Church meetings are open to everyone, whether members of the church or not, but only church members may vote. The church meeting has the responsibility to call a minister, to elect elders and officers, to receive new members, to ensure the buildings are maintained and to ensure that the finances are in order.
The church meeting’s functions are also:
- to further the church’s mission in the locality
- to develop local relationships with other churches
- to further the church’s ministry in the locality and throughout the world
- to consider the wider work of the church in the United Kingdom and abroad
- to consider public questions in relation to the Christian faith.
If you would like to know more about becoming a member of Park United Reformed Church please contact the Minister email@example.com . If you would like to know more about the United Reformed Church please visit www.urc.org.uk