The Finance and General Purposes Committee consists of the minister, the church treasurer and those church members elected by the church meeting. The Finance and General Purposes Committee makes recommendations to the elders and church meeting with regards issues concerning the property and finances of the church.
The functions of the Finance and General Purposes Committee are:
- to ensure proper maintenance of the church premises
- to ensure the church premises are kept clean and secure
- to ensure the church premises comply with health and safety legislation
- to ensure the church premises are accessible to people of all abilities wherever possible
- to be responsible for the oversight of the finances of the church
- to provide oversight of the financial strategy of the church, ensuring that this enables the church to fulfil its mission
At Park United Reformed Church, elected members of Finance and General Purposes Committee serve for three years, after which they may be elected to serve for another three years. After six years of service elected members must take a ‘year out’. The church meeting has the responsibility to determine the nomination and election process for these appointments.
If you would like to know more about becoming a member of Park United Reformed Church please contact the Minister email@example.com. If you would like to know more about the United Reformed Church please visit www.urc.org.uk