Impact Reading is a network of Christian social action organisations in Reading and surrounding areas.
Impact Reading seeks to network together for:
- Envisioning – seeing the bigger picture of what God is doing beyond our own individual organisations.
- Coordination – working together in practical partnerships, keeping each other informed.
- Facilitation – enabling and empowering each other through our pooled expertise and knowledge
- Promotion – making known the good work that is going on in the name of Jesus
- Influencing – engaging with policy-makers and funders to have a Christian voice in key areas.
- Supporting – providing a peer support network for those engaged in social action
How does Impact Reading work?
Impact Reading aims to be inclusive of all those who are: Christian in ethos, engaged in social action, and involved in an identifiable organisation.
Impact Reading itself is not a separate organisation, but an umbrella for all Christian social action organisations in our area.
Relationship to Churches
Impact Reading seeks to relate to all the churches of Reading through:
- Facilitating church members in accessing information and services for themselves and others
- Keeping the churches informed about issues in government and community through our shared networks
- Publicising a range of opportunities for Christian service
Further details at http://www.impactreading.org