Park Toddler Group meets in the Large Hall every Monday from 9.30-11.15am.
Please note that we run our group during school term time only.
The group is open to all carers, parents, grandparents with young children under four years old.
‘There is always such a kind and warm welcome here, both for me and my toddler. Thank you!’ (feedback from a parent)
Group Leader, Judith Enang, explains more and offers a warm welcome to all
Welcome to Park URC Toddler Group. The group is open to any who care for under fives - so whether you are a parent, grandparent or carer with children, you are most welcome.
It is important that every member of the group feels relaxed, supported, safe and secure – and has fun – while they are here. For that reason we have a maximum number limit of 50 adults and children; as group leader I am responsible for ensuring that we do not go over the maximum. For the same reason, may we remind you that when you register each week you are agreeing to follow a few simple ground rules that will help us enjoy our time together:
- Your child’s safety, the way s/he relates to and plays with other children, are your responsibility. So if s/he’s about to throw a brick – please intervene!
- If another parent expresses concern about an action of yours or your child’s, listen graciously.
- Explore each other’s point of view, even if you don’t agree, or feel you have been misunderstood. Stay friends!
- Appreciate the team members who are here to organise and facilitate the group, but who are also part of our group family.
- Look after and encourage your children to look after: the room, the equipment and each other; and take care with drinks, buggies and belongings.
- Help with clearing of the hall towards the end of each morning’s session
We do value your comments on the group, and would also like to know if you have any concerns or suggestions about how we can do things differently. Please let me – or any of the team members – have your feedback. This is your group and we always welcome your input.
Our parent and toddler group is run by members of the church and you are welcome to join any of the activities at the church. Above all we hope you have fun and enjoy being together!
Here are some comments by parents and carers:
‘Always a lovely welcome, plenty of children to interact, great fun.’
‘I am very lucky as a childminder as I can keep coming back and back as I always have new children to bring along. All ‘my’ children have loved the toddler playtime and I have made some great friends too.’
‘It’s such a blessing to come to such a friendly group and it’s a great environment for the small people to run around, explore and have fun!’
‘I love having a safe and warm environment for my children to come and play each week and they love to socialise with the other children.’
‘It’s a lovely space with a good selection of toys and activities, gently led and space to do what feels right for your child. Welcoming and friendly.’